VoiD-Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VoiD-Guild

Al'akir(EU) PVE - Guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xøth

Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Personal information

- Name: André
- Nationality: Portuguese
- Job/school: At the moment unemployed, just finished a course.
- Hobby's: Sacrificing virgins to satan, cinema, gym, taking care of my dogs, etc.

Character info

- Name: Xøth
- Class: Paladin
- Race: Blood Elf
- Played time: 131 days
- Armory link:
eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=x%C3%B8th (just copy-paste it)
- UI picture:*(Upload it on imageshack.us)*
roflposters.com/Your-God-Where-is-he-now/622914 (just add the 'www' behind the link)
- How did you come to the theories of your character (Give us some sources)?:
I guess by theories you mean spec/gear/glyph choices.
I keep myself up-to-date by checking regularly websites such as these, and by doing some research of mine too:
elitistjerks.com/
gaming.fi/warcraft/

- Reputation SoH: Exalted.
- Proffesions: Jewelcrafting / Engineering.
- Previous guild(s):
I hope you're not asking for Vanilla/TBC so i'll stick to WotLK! - Origins, NightShifters, GIANT ENEMY CRAB.
- Why would you leave them for VoiD?:
Origins disbanded, NightShifters were too casual, GIANT ENEMY CRAB members keep sexually harassing me, and VoiD just seems awesome!
- Explain your gear/gems/enchants/spec/glyphs and professions in depth, why you have chosen them:

- Do you master your class in every mechanic? If yes, explain please.
Well i can't say i master Holy cus i havent played that since TBC, but i can say i manage pretty good as Prot.
I guess what i should talk about here is Ret, yes i do master my class in every mechanic.
I know my rotations and priorities, retribution isn't all about mindless dps, paladins are a hybrid class, its about assisting with dispelling when needed, popping bubble/divinesacrifice when raid/tank is in trouble, using AoW procs to self-heal when exorcism is on cooldown, etc... theres lots of stuff a ret paladin has to do other than dps and i think i take care of that pretty well.

Addons

- Do you have Omen (threat meter)? (Yes/No):
Yes.
- Do you have Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs? (Yes/No):
Yes.
- Do you have Ora2 or some equivalent Main Tank list addon? (Yes/No):
Yes.
- Do you have a raid frame addon? (Yes/No):
Yes.
- What other addons do you use during raids than the ones mentioned above?:
Other than the UI-changing thingies, i use Decursive, PallyPower and PowerAuras.

Raiding

- Which days can you and can not raid(incl times):?
Although i am pretty active i dont have any specific day i can't play, my playing time isnt very specific, but if i have some raid scheduled i will be on time. If the question is "Can you be online according to our raid schedule/callendar invites?" then the answer is yes.

- Do you have access to Ventrilo 3.0 and a working headset?:
(i already spoke with Orcward about this but i felt i should post it anyway)
Yes but this depends on the Ventrilo server/channel. Since i'm a Mac user, i cant use servers/channels which use the most common codec (GSM 6.10), only if the server/channel is set for Speex codec. I hope this wont be a problem since its quite easy to change the codec and it wont affect the players enough for them to notice lol.

For more information, follow this link:
myventriloserver.com/blog/choosing-the-right-ventrilo-codec-gsm-vs-speex
In short, the Speex codec is lighter and nearly equivalent to GSM 6.10 in terms of quality, the only diference is that both Mac and Windows users can use Speex while GSM 6.10 is Windows-Only.

- Do you have enough money for repairs/flasks/food buffs etc?:
Yes i do, i also have cooking/fishing to get my own food.

- Are you able to raid 25 man content without disconnections?:
Yes.

Other

- What makes you more special than other applicants?:
What makes me more special than the other applicants is that i'm more motivated, dedicated and eager to improve than they are! And i dare them to say otherwise!

- Where does Kimano got the most hair?:
I don't know yet... but i would like to find out!

- If there is anything else you would like to add?:
Yes, indeed i do!... My horse is amazing! newgrounds.com/portal/view/515897 (just add the 'www' behind the link)
Back to top Go down
Iplayedbeta

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:07 am

xøthsawesomeyo
Back to top Go down
Xøth

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:26 am

- Explain your gear/gems/enchants/spec/glyphs and professions in depth, why you have chosen them:

Well my gear and gems and enchants basicly are to get hit/exp capped, and follow the rule of stat priority:
- Hit (get hit capped first) > Str > Crit > Exp > ArPen/Haste > Rest

My spec dabbles in all 3 ret trees:
- 5 Holy - For seal and judgement damage
- 11 Prot - For the increase in total str by 15%, and to get Divine Sacrifice. (The 5% healing done by me and on me is just a plus)
- 55 Ret - For all the ret goodies.

My glyphs are:
- Glyph of Judgement (for damage)
- Glyph of Exorcism (for damage)
- Glyph of Seal of Vengeance (for the extra Expertise since i dont have enough from gear, once i get enough from gear i'll change to Glyph of Concecration for extra Concentration up-time facilitating the dps rotation and increasing the dps a little bit)
- Minor Glyphs are LoH (less cd), Sence Undead (1% extra dmg on undeads and demons), Blessing of Kings (facilitates the rebuff of ressed ppl, and tbh theres nothing else to put as 3rd minor glyph)

My professions are:
- Jewelcrafting (mainly cus its awesome stat increase due to the gems, but its a nice gold-maker too)
- Engineering (just cus its damn awesome and fun, also it has some enchants that are better than even enchanting: 23 agi clack, 340 haste on gloves, etc)

OH and in response to the Kimano question:

Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) Naruto_Maito_Gai
Back to top Go down
Iplayedbeta

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:21 am

Nice comprehensive application, good detail with a fine edge of comedy material (the UI interface and the Horse Loop at the end). I'd definitely like to see this guy getting a chance as Trial. In-game I know him as a fun, social and yet serious player Smile

Edit: Also love that picture in the reply :>
Back to top Go down
Manraiser
Admin
Manraiser

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:48 am

Hey there mate, i must admit that the application is VERY nice and i also like the sense of humor you use, there is just one little problem. At the moment we got one retri paladin which raids 5/5 days (with a monthly absence here and there). His gear is supreme and i dont have ANY part/mechanic/attitude to complain about. What i do like is to have another supreme retri paladin but we first need to discuss this. Since i havent seen your pve gear yet and the expierence you have is kinda low.

Also there are 2 more questions for you and those are the following ones:

- I see you like playing arena and i got all the respect for it. But as you are in raiding guild farming your consumables and checking out the tactics will be must. I expect that if you dont need to raid you do wanna play some arena but do you think you got the spare time to farm your goods which you need?

- The second and last question, being in a raiding guild its all about organizing and playing as a team. Since you (just) play with 2-3 guys in arena you dont need to organize that much as in a 25 man raid. Ofcourse you do need to organize but its more about anticipate on different situations. So my question here is are you ready for MMO and do you have the preseverance to always find out a solution to get down a boss? Since thats what it is all about in VoiD.

With regards Manraiser
Back to top Go down
https://void-guild.forumotion.com
Xøth

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:38 pm

First of all thanks for the quick reply, now regarding those issues:

- I do farm my own stuff, flasks are 20g a pop which is nothing tbh, speed potions are the same. Like i said in my application, i have both fishing and cooking to get my own buff (40str food).

- Just because i have nicely rated arena teams doesn't mean i spend my life on it lol. As an example, yesterday i did every pug-raid worth doing except ony25/toc10.

Manraiser wrote:
- The second and last question, being in a raiding guild its all about organizing and playing as a team. Since you (just) play with 2-3 guys in arena you dont need to organize that much as in a 25 man raid. Ofcourse you do need to organize but its more about anticipate on different situations. So my question here is are you ready for MMO and do you have the preseverance to always find out a solution to get down a boss? Since thats what it is all about in VoiD.

Is it just me or you're assuming i don't have any raiding experience? I kinda find that offensive Suspect
I've been raiding ever since vanilla (appart naxx), and thoughtout tbc i did everything appart from half of SWP... I know what it means to be in a raiding environment/guild and answering your question: Yes i am ready to raid (and by raid i mean "having the preseverance to always find out a solution to get a boss down" cus thats what raiding is all about!)

I hope i answered your questions mate.
Back to top Go down
Manraiser
Admin
Manraiser

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Hehe , oke nice i didnt ment to offent you in any way Smile so dont worry about that. Thanks for your quick reply aswell and i will get back to you asap which will be tonight or tomorrow if i discussed it with the officer crew.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Manno
Back to top Go down
https://void-guild.forumotion.com
Xøth

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Alrighty then! Wink
I'll be checking the thread for any development or questions then.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Orcward
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:14 am

Accepted for trial Smile

Contact an officer Ingame for an invite:

-Manraiser
-Orcward
-Kimano
-Lagrand
-Eejat
Back to top Go down
Iplayedbeta

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 am

Orcward wrote:
Accepted for trial Smile

Harharhar, Welcome to the guild mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)   Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted) Empty

Back to top Go down

Xøth - Ret Paladin (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1